Saturday, March 25, 2006

Another month goes by....

...since I've posted, but hey! I have an excuse! The boys and I made a trans-atlantic flight on March 10 and have been in Maryland ever since! We've had a (mostly) great time here. I say "mostly" because we promptly got hit with the plague. Seriously, Ethan started throwing up a day and a half after we arrived. Gregory had a burning fever a couple days after that. Mom and I started to think we had escaped and then we both came down with it this past Sunday. We're just now starting to feel alive again. Good part is that I lost about 5 pounds! Karl isn't going to be to apt to let us come back to the States for visits over the next 2 years. We get sick every time!

This has been a real time of refreshment for me. Without going into the multiple layers of this topic, being a mom of little ones lends itself to isolation by default (hey, life centers on the tedious details, day in and day out, and its all on me, pretty much). By necessity, we keep our routines regulated and small children's basic needs met. There isn't a whole lot of room for the extracurricular and other people (with whom we're still forming friendships)have their own established lives with limited time to dispense to newcomers. All of this doesn't make motherhood BAD or worthless, it just IS. Add to that moving away from established friends; add to that a foreign language and culture; add to that limited transportation...and things can get pretty overwhelming!

All that said, God's grace has sustained me. I do know that. I see His grace sustaining my husband who tackles more at work than I will ever know, who handles inordinately long work hours and still comes home and helps me get the kids in bed and clean up the kitchen, often sacrificing what he could claim as his own leisure time.

The opportunity to come back to the States for a few weeks showed itself coinciding with an opportune time for Karl to take a trip to Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina. I'm hoping he'll post on that tomorrow! (hint, hint....)

In the meantime, here's the link to his pictures. He's done some captions.

  • Sarajevo Pictures


  • (yeah...I figured out how to do links!!!)

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home