HSLDA Endorses Huckabee?
I'm still a little curious about Mr. Farris' decision to endorse Huckabee. While I agree with him that our laws must be based on some standard of morality (whether or not secularists like it, it has always been Christian morality), I think Huckabee would further the centralization of the Federal gov't. Its clear that he advocates dealing with issues at the Federal level, when Constitutionally, they should be left to the State governments to decide. Recently Gov. Huckabee went on record saying that as President, he would sign a bill prohibiting smoking at a public workplace (etc). I agree that second-hand smoke is deadly, but to make a ruling of this nature on the federal level further ingrains a very dangerous precedent - one that will threaten our right to homeschool. Can you say, "nanny state?"
Matters such as these should be left, ideally, up to private contracts between employers and employees or to state and local governments, not the federal government! How can Mr. Huckabee and Mr. Farris justify this according to the Constitution, according to the founding fathers' intent? How would the federal gov't enforce such a law- a new bureaucracy maybe?
It is precisely these tendencies as exhibited during Mr. Huckabee's time as governor and in his statements, no matter how much Huckabee likes homeschoolers, that prohibit me (a homeschool graduate and homeschool mom) from supporting the Huckabee campaign. We need an about-face, a decreasing role of Federal gov't so that we can be governed as our founders intended - the federal gov't with a Constitutionally-limited role and the local governments (who are more accountable by proximity to the people) with a more prominent role. We need a candidate who will preserve our liberty at the federal level and leave questions like smoking (etc) to the states where they belong.
The man with this message is RON PAUL. He is the friend of the homeschool community, because he will preserve our unalienable rights as parents, not because he views us as a special interest, but because he believes gov't needs maximal accountability to the people and that the federal government needs to be limited by a strict interpretation of the Constitution. Anything less is a threat to our liberty.
Mr. Farris'analysis that Huckabee could beat a democrat is curious indeed. 70% of Americans want our troops out of Iraq. Huckabee has said he will continue to support the war and to subsidize foreign nations like Israel. Its clear Americans want a change from the agenda of the Bush administration. A republican of this stripe will not be able to defeat a democrat in the 2008 election - the 2006 mid-term election proved that the GOP base has shrunk and that more Americans are willing to vote for a democrat in order to stop the war.
Ron Paul has been against the Iraq war from the beginning. He maintains that Congress did not declare war as required by the Constitution and that there was no clear plan for victory. He has proposed that the Congress issue a letter of Marque and Reprisal (as found in the Constitution) for the capture of Osama Bin Ladin, and he voted after 9/11 for funds and action to go after Al Qaeda in Afghanistan, authority that was misused. Ron Paul's non-interventionist foreign policy is that of traditional American conservatism. It is that of our founding fathers. It is that of the Christian theory of Just War.
Ron Paul's campaign is winning back those "lost" GOP voters. He is also bringing together democrats, independents, Constitutionalists, libertarians, etc. all under the message of liberty, the return to sound money, the return to sound monetary policy, balanced budgets, low taxes, no IRS, and protection of human life. His campaign is amazingly diverse, yet he has not compromised (or flip-flopped) on any of his positions. In fact, he's been singing the same tune for more than 20 years.
It is becoming increasingly clear that the only Republican that can win out over Hillary or Obama (or whichever liberal that comes to the forefront) is Dr. Ron Paul.Please look him up on YouTube.com. There are many videos of him speaking and explaining his positions, which he does using facts and solid logic. Visit his website: www.ronpaul2008.com
A Homeschool Mom for RON PAUL 2008!
________________________________
I want to be president not because I want to run your lives; I don't want to be president to run your economy; and I don't want to be president to run the world! I want to be president to restore liberty. I want a government that protects your privacy and exposes government secrecy. Its the reverse of what we're getting. This idea is spreading like wildfire, and people love it!
--Ron Paul, speaking at Google Headquarters www.ronpaul2008.com

3 Comments:
I am not a very good political person I try my best. I have really studing the candidates myself. I come to learn that Ron Paul believes in abortion, I am for Hucklebee because he is not for abortions. We need to watch all angles. Thanks for sharing.
Ron Paul does not believe in abortion. He has delivered over 4000 babies. Go to www.ronpaul2008.com to see for yourself. He made it very clear on The View his stance on abortion.
Hmm. . . lots of good thoughts. Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Rebecca
fourmyers.blogspot.com
Post a Comment
<< Home